Admission and Financial Aid
- The need-blind admission policy of University of Wah is based on
the cardinal principle that the University is open to all candidates
regardless of religion, race, creed, financial resources or domicile.
- The University offers courses leading to the Degrees of BS(Hons),
B.Sc Engg, BBA, BSAF,BT, MA/M.Sc, MBA, MS/M.Phil and Ph.D. The BS (Hons)
4 Years Program is an International Level Program equal to the regular Master's Degree
awarded after 16 years of education. A Graduate with BS (Hons) 4 years Degree is eligible
for pursuing Higher Education for MS/M.Phil Program in the relevant discipline.
- Applications for the admission to various courses of study are invited through national
newspapers and website of University of Wah and admission is made on the basis of merit
in accordance with the criteria laid down by the Academic Council from time to time.
- For faculty of engineering, the selection is made on the basis of merit calculated on the
performance of candidate in the entry test and higher secondary school examination or its equivalent.
2. Detail of Departments
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Basic Sciences
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Computer Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Islamic & Pakistan Studies
- BS Engineering Technology
3. Admission Criteria
- For individuals desirous of enrolling for B.Sc Engineering a candidate holding F.Sc (Pre-Engineering)
certificate with at least 60% marks or DAE with 1st division in relevant technology from any institute recognized
by the Government of Pakistan shall be eligible for admission to B.Sc Engineering degree program. Entry test for all
candidates is compulsory. UET entry test result is also acceptable. Merit to be determined on the basis of 50% weightage of F.Sc
marks and 50% weightage to entry test. 10 marks out of the obtained marks will be deducted,
from candidates qualifying the exam by parts or applying after three years of F.Sc.
- A candidate holding a FA/F.Sc or equivalent certificate with at least second division or
its equivalent shall be eligible to apply for admission to BS (Hons) and BBA degree program.
- A candidate holding a BA/B.Sc or equivalent degree from HEC recognized University with at least second division or its
equivalent shall be eligible to apply for admission to Master degree program.
|Accounting & Finance
Note: Two percent seats may be allocated to candidates holding 3-Years Diploma in Associate Engineering.
These seats may be allocated in B.Sc programs of Faculty of Engineering and BS (Hons) programs of Physics, Chemistry,
and Computer Sciences. Separate merit list will be prepared for candidates holding Diploma in Associate Engineering. One seat
in each department has been reserved for real children of employees of the University and its constituent colleges who have
completed seven years of service. The minimum student strength for a class
should be 25 which may be lowered to 15 for Social Sciences & Humanities and 10 for M.Phil/MS programs.
In case of number of students registering for particular program is less than the desired class strength,
the program will not be offered and students will be adjusted in the alternative choice.
Advertisement for Admission will be advertised in the national newspapers and on the websites (www.uow.edu.pk)
and (www.wecuw.edu.pk). The first advertisement appear in newspapers/press at least 8 weeks before the commencement of
classes by the office of the Registrar, University of Wah.
4. University Prospectus and Application Form
- The prospectus along with application form can be purchased from Accounts Branch of University on cash payment.
The cost includes the processing of the application as well as entrance examination where required.
- Application can also be submitted online through www.uow.edu.pk . The applicant has to send the copies of his/her
certificates/degrees to the admission committee before the last date of submission along with pay order or bank
draft equal to cost of Prospectus in favor of University of Wah.
- Prospectus/Admission form can also be obtained by sending a Bank Draft/ Pay Order in favor of University of Wah.
In this case you are required to send us application which should show your interest to the program applying for.
5. Submission of Application Forms
The application form complete in all aspects be submitted preferably online, by hand or through post/courier
service before the last date of application while submitting the form by post /courier.
It has to be ensured by applicant that the form reaches the admission committee before the last date.
6. Allotment of Department
Discipline will be allotted on eligibility and merit as per priority of choices given by candidates in the admission application form.
7. Change of Department
Once the priority of choices is given by the candidate on the application form, no request for
change will be entertained. However, after admission, a candidate may apply for the change of
department after payment of fees to the lower merit within one week of start of classes subject to availability of seats,
falling in the merit of the department in which the student applied for.
8. Late Joining of Candidates
- Any candidate who reports after the expiry of last date of fee submission may be considered if vacancy still exists and
when permitted by the competent authority on the closing day of admission.
- A candidate who has deposited the dues and does not join/registers himself/herself within two weeks of commencement of
classes will be removed from the University nominal roll.
9. Final List
A department wise final list will be prepared after the fee submission by the candidates on the last date of fee submission.
The list will be handed over to each department after approval from the competent authority.
Registration number will be allotted by the concerned department after verification of original documents.
10. Re- Admission
- If the name of a student is struck off from the rolls of the University due to long absence or
non-payment of fee or due to any other reason, he/she may get re-admission only once.
- In case of re-admission, a student will have to pay the re-admission (admission)
fee to the University over and above the outstanding semester dues against him/her.
- In any case, it will be the sole responsibility of the student to fulfill attendance requirement of the University.
11. Residency and Credit Hours
- The courses of study for BS (Hons), BBA and B.Sc Engineering degrees shall normally extend over eight semesters (4 academic years)
while for MA/M.Sc degrees normal time period is four semesters (2 academic years). However, MBA degree program shall normally extend over
seven semesters for those students who have joined the program after acquiring BA/B.Sc and B.Com Degree.
- BS(Hons)/BBA and B.Sc Engineering degree shall be of minimum 128 credit hours.
- Master's degree shall be awarded after 66-72 credit hours.
- For MBA, minimum credit hour requirement is 90 credit hours.
- For MS, minimum requirement is 30 credit hours.
12. Courses of Study and Syllabi
Courses of study for various Degrees of the University are decided by the respective Board of Studies and
Board of Faculties and approved by the Academic Council according to HEC guidelines.
- At the beginning of each semester, each student shall register for all or some of the courses being offered by the Department.
- A student normally shall be required to register for a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 18 credit hours in a semester. However, chairperson of the department may allow a student to courses less or more than the quantity defined above.
- A student may in the final semester, register for less than 15 credits if he/she completes the credit requirement of the Degree.
- No student shall be allowed to continue studies beyond twelve semesters, eleven semesters and six semesters for BS (Hons)/BBA, MBA and Master Degree programs respectively.
- A student may register for additional non-credit course(s) out of the prescribed courses, which on successful completion, will be mentioned in the Transcript.
- A student may change or drop course(s) or convert a credit course into a non-credit course, or vice versa, within fifteen days from the date of commencement of a semester on the recommendation of a teacher(s) and the concerned chairperson.
- No registration or change of course(s) shall be allowed after fifteen days from the date of commencement of a semester.
13. Tutorial System
Once admitted to the University, every student is given membership of a tutorial group.
The in-charge of a tutorial group is a teacher and is called tutor. It is essential for every
student to get a "Dossier Form" from the Tutor at the earliest and hand it back to the tutor after filling it.
Every student should contact his/her tutor in the first available opportunity and inquire about his/her availability
for consultation during the free period of the working days. It is compulsory for every student to present all his/her documents
i.e. application for concession in fee fine or application for scholarship and character certificate etc. to the University through his/her Tutor.
Tutorial groups have a weekly meeting in which attendance is compulsory. All the tutorial groups are supervised by the Chief Tutor;
therefore students are directed to see him with regard to Tutorial System. In case of absence from the tutorial meeting, students may be subjected to fine.
14. Scholarship and Fee Concession
The financial aid will be granted to the Students (CGPA >2.50) as per policy of University appended below:
For class strength of 75 students or more (the class should be divided in two sections for teaching purposes).
Three merit based scholarships will be provided to first, second and third position holders, provided the semester
GPA of the first position holder is more than 3.5 whereas for other positions it shall be more than 3.0. For class
size between 45 and 74 two merit scholarships to first and second position holders will be awarded. For class size
between 30 and 44 only one merit scholarship shall be provided.
For faculty of Social Sciences* for one merit scholarship the class size should be 15 or more and semester GPA be equal to or more than 3.25.
*Mathematics, Biosciences and Statistics may also be permitted to avail the lower class size ceiling on case to case basis.
15. Fee Refund
The candidates who apply for cancellation of their admission will be refunded tuition fee according to the HEC policy letter
No. 10-1/HEC/A&C/2012/94 dated 11th September, 2012.
||Full Tuition Fee Refund
||Up to 7th day of commencement of classes
||Half Tuition Fee Refund
||From 8th-15th day of commencement of classes
||No Fee Refund
||After 15th day of start of classes
Note: All types of security fee will be refunded after adjustment of dues, if any.
16. Loan Facility
WEC has established Student Loan Facility for poor and academically outstanding students. The concept paper on student loan is available on our website at
(http://uow.edu.pk/wsf). Candidates who are unable to pursue their studies due to financial constraints can apply for the loan facility. The rules for
the student loan can be obtained from (http://uow.edu.pk/wsf). Main features of the policy are:
- Candidate has got admission on merit.
- Minimum 75% marks in the F.Sc or equivalent (unadjusted).
- Willing to repay the loan as per existing policy.
Procedure of Applying for Student Loan Facility
Loan application forms complete in all respects shall be submitted along with the admission form.
The loan application form can be downloaded from our website at (http://uow.edu.pk/wsf).
The award of loan to the students will be decided by the Executive Committee managing the Wah Engineering College Student Fund (WSF).
Terms & Conditions
The student loan facility is provided on following general terms and conditions:
- The loan shall be interest free.
- The student and his/her parents/guardian are required to sign a prescribed agreement on stamp paper/promissory note of appropriate value.
- The student or his/her parents/guardian are required to provide personal guarantee on a judicial paper or of a third person for repayment of loan.
- Loan may be granted for a maximum of four years provided the student's GPA does not fall below 2.75.
- Loan shall be repaid on monthly installments after six months of start of job or one year of graduation, whichever is earlier.
- The total amount of loan shall become immediately due and payable to the College in case of cancellation of registration of the student due to any reason.
- The college reserves the right to withdraw/ suspend/cancel the student loan/financial assistance at any stage on discipline/poor academic performance.